Mondelez (MDLZ) Reports Acquisition of Gourmet Food Holdings Pty Ltd.
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mondelēz International (NASDAQ: MDLZ) today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Gourmet Food Holdings Pty Ltd, a leading Australian food company with a strong position in the attractive premium biscuit and cracker category. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Gourmet Food’s brands, including OB finest, Olina’s Bakehouse and Crispbic, have grown to become category leaders in the premium crackers and biscuits segments throughout Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) through on-trend innovations, including health and well-being offerings.
“This is a great strategic asset for us in a very important market,” said Dirk Van de Put, Chairman and CEO of Mondelēz International. “With our iconic biscuit brands such as Oreo and belVita, as well as our leadership in chocolate with Cadbury, this acquisition will accelerate our broader snacking leadership in Australia and New Zealand.”
Oliver Flint, current Chief Operating Officer, has been appointed as Gourmet Food’s Managing Director while co-founder and CEO Todd Wilson will remain with the business as an advisor. Mondelēz International will provide Gourmet Food with resources to accelerate growth, while leveraging its manufacturing, research and development capabilities.
“With fast-growing premium and well-being products, strong customer relationships and agile, local manufacturing, these brands will be a great complement to our local portfolio,” said Maurizio Brusadelli, EVP & President, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Mondelēz International. “We are excited to welcome Oliver, Todd and the entire Gourmet Food team to our organization.”
Included in the transaction is Gourmet Food’s prepackaged seafood business including the Ocean Blue brand. There are no closing conditions and the transaction is expected to close in April.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) receives US clearance of proposed acquisition of Alexion (ALXN)
- CRH Medical (CRHM) Securityholders Approve Acquisition by WELL Health
- PHX Minerals (PHX) Prices Upsized Common Stock Offering at $2/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!