Moderna (MRNA) Announces Canada Purchases Additional 4 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Moderna, Inc., (Nasdaq: MRNA) a biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines, today announced that the Canadian Government has increased its confirmed order commitment by 4 million doses of the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna bringing its confirmed order commitment to 44 million doses. This increase reflects continued efforts by the Canadian Government to secure access to safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines for Canadian citizens.
“We appreciate our collaboration with the Canadian government as we seek to defeat the pandemic with our vaccine. Today’s increased supply agreement from the Canadian government reaffirms the confidence in Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine,” said Stephane Bancel, Chief Executive Officer of Moderna.
On December 23, Health Canada authorized the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna for the immunization of people 18 years of age and older under an Interim Order.
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine) is indicated for active immunization against coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus in individuals 18 years of age and older.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aaron's (AAN) Appoints Laura N. Bailey, Timothy A. Johnson and Marvonia P. Moore to Board
- Neovasc (NVCN) announced that Tiara Transapical system will be unable to receive European CE mark under current Medical Device Directive regulations