Moderna (MRNA) Announces Amendment to Supply Agreement with Switzerland for an Additional 6 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine
- S&P 500, Dow snap two-day fall, Netflix keeps Nasdaq in check
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence dampens risk appetite
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Moderna, Inc. (Nasdaq: MRNA), a biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines, today announced the Swiss Federal Government has increased its confirmed order commitment from 7.5 million to 13.5 million doses of the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna in Switzerland.
“We are grateful for the confidence and support shown by the Swiss Federal Government as they increase their supply agreement with us,” said Stéphane Bancel, Chief Executive Officer of Moderna. “Switzerland has played a key role in Moderna’s history, and we are delighted with the support of so many stakeholders as we continue to build Moderna’s first commercial organization outside of North America.”
The initial procurement by the Swiss Federal Government for 4.5 million doses was announced on August 7, 2020, and this was subsequently increased to 7.5 million doses on December 8, 2020. The additional 6 million doses announced today will be delivered beginning in the summer of 2021, with an option to receive doses in the first half of 2022 as Moderna explores potential vaccine boosters to address emerging variants.
On January 12, 2021, Swissmedic authorized the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna, according to the ordinary approvals procedure and based on a rolling submission of data and the totality of scientific evidence shared by the Company, including a data analysis from the pivotal Phase 3 clinical study announced on November 30, 2020.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ayala Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AYLA) Reports First Patient Dosed in Phase 1 Clinical Trial of AL102 in Combination with BCMA Targeting Agent, WVT078
- Moderna (MRNA) Announces New Supply Agreement with Israel for 2022
- Enzo Biochem's (ENZ) Universal AMPICOLLECT Used on GENFLEX Molecular Platform Cleared for Distribution by FDA Under Emergency Use Authorization
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!