Mirati Therapeutics shares jump 38% as Sanofi said to explore acquisition
- S&P, Nasdaq end at records as inflation data supports rate cut view
- Salesforce rolls out first-ever dividend as Q4 results, guidance beat estimates
- Equities gain on in-line US inflation, Treasury yields dip
- Snowflake Q4 results top estimates; CEO retires
- SEC investigating whether OpenAI misled investors in Altman saga- WSJ
French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi (NASDAQ: SNY) is exploring a potential acquisition of cancer drugmaker Mirati Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRTX), according to a report from Bloomberg, which cited people familiar with the matter. As a result, Mirati shares jumped more than 38% intra-day today.
The sources noted that discussions are ongoing, and there is no assurance that they will lead to a formal agreement. Additionally, Mirati may attract interest from other potential buyers.
Both Mirati's and Sanofi’s spokespersons declined to comment on the matter.
Mirati is in the process of introducing its first product, Krazati, to patients. This drug is used as a second-line treatment for a specific type of lung cancer characterized by a mutated KRAS gene. The Food and Drug Administration granted accelerated approval for Krazati in December.
By Davit Kirakosyan
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amadeus Says Not Interested In Shift4 Payments (FOUR) Transaction
- Midday movers: Snowflake slumps, Okta rises, and more
- New York Community Bancorp (NYCB) management identified material weaknesses in internal controls related to internal loan review
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, General News, Hot Corp. News, Hot List, Hot M&A, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!