Microstrategy (MSTR) Bought 301 More Bitcoins for $6 Million, Already Underwater
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR) announced today it acquired 301 bitcoins (BTC) at an average price of $19,851 per unit between August 2 and September 19.
The company spent $6 million of its cash reserves on the latest investment to boost its holdings to nearly 130,000 bitcoins.
These digital assets were acquired at an aggregate purchase price of approximately $3.98 billion with an average purchase price of about $30,639 per bitcoin.
Shares of the company are down 1.8% in premarket Tuesday as the bitcoin price continues to comfortably trade below the $20,000 handle.
As of 09:00 AM EST, Bitcoin price trades at $19,123.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bitcoin-related stocks gain as bitcoin moved above $20,000
- Seelos Therapeutics (SEEL) to Collaborate with the Healey & AMG Center for ALS in an Expanded Access Program
- Civista Bancshares (CIVB) Acquires Vision Financial Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Cryptocurrency
Related EntitiesBitcoin, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!