Meten EdtechX (METX) Reports 247.8% Increase in Gross Billing and a 163.9% Increase in Students Enrollment of its Junior ELT Business in May
- Wall Street opens slightly lower ahead of big tech earnings
- Tesla (TSLA) Gains on Q2 Beat, Analysts Mostly Positive but Others Cautious
- China's Meituan (MPNGF) Plunges 17.6% to Push Hang Seng Index to 8-Month Lows as Heavy Selling Continues
- Dollar resumes climb as risk appetite fades; yuan, Aussie struggle
- Elon Musk Laid Into Apple (AAPL) During Tesla's (TSLA) Q2 Earnings Call
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Meten EdtechX Education Group Ltd. (Nasdaq: METX) ("Meten EdtechX" or the "Company"), one of the leading omnichannel English language training ("ELT") service providers in China, today announced that the gross billing and student enrollment of its junior ELT business in May 2021 increased by 247.8% and 163.9% respectively compared to the same period of last year and increased by 92.4% and 65.2% respectively compared to May 2019.
In the first five months of 2021, the gross billing of the Company's junior ELT business increased by 408.4% year over year and increased by 120.4% compared with the same period in 2019. These figures confirm that the Company has returned to its pre-pandemic growth trajectory.
The Company is actively expanding its junior ELT business within its current network of 22 cities and has received positive market feedback. The gross billing from student renewals and referrals accounted for 57.7% of the total gross billing of the Company's junior ELT business in May 2021, demonstrating that the Company's services have been widely appreciated and recognized by students and their parents. Due to recent policy changes, the Company will continue to develop the business of junior quality-oriented education.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Centene (CNC) Misses Q2 EPS by 15c
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c, Updates Guidance
- Exela Technologies (XELA) Reports Strong SMB User Growth with Over 2x New Sign-ups
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!