Merck (MRK) Tops Q3 EPS by 31c, Revenues Beat; Narrows & Raises FY20 Non-GAAP EPS Guidance Above Consensus, Provides FY20 Revs. Outlook
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Merck (NYSE: MRK) reported Q3 EPS of $1.74, $0.31 better than the analyst estimate of $1.43. Revenue for the quarter came in at $12.6 billion versus the consensus estimate of $12.17 billion.
- Third-Quarter 2020 Worldwide Sales Were $12.6 Billion, an Increase of 1%; Excluding the Impact from Foreign Exchange, Sales Grew 2%
- KEYTRUDA Sales Grew 21% to $3.7 Billion
- Animal Health Sales Grew 9% to $1.2 Billion; Excluding the Impact from Foreign Exchange, Sales Grew 12%
- Third-Quarter 2020 GAAP EPS Was $1.16; Third-Quarter Non-GAAP EPS Was $1.74
- Advanced and Expanded Broad Pipeline
- Announced Additional Positive Phase 3 Results for Investigational Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (V114) in Adults
- Presented Phase 3 Data for Investigational Gefapixant in Development for Chronic Cough; Early Data for MK-4830 in Oncology and MK-8507 for HIV
- Expanded Pipeline with Seagen Collaborations in Oncology
- Company Advances Research Programs and Clinical Trials for COVID-19-Related Vaccine and Orally Available Antiviral Research Candidates
- Company Narrows and Raises 2020 Full-Year Revenue Range to be Between $47.6 Billion and $48.6 Billion, Including a Negative Impact from Foreign Exchange of Approximately 1.5%
- Company Narrows and Lowers 2020 Full-Year GAAP EPS Range to be Between $4.55 and $4.65; Narrows and Raises 2020 Full-Year Non-GAAP EPS Range to be Between $5.91 and $6.01, Including a Negative Impact from Foreign Exchange of Approximately 2.5%
Merck sees FY2020 EPS of $5.91-$6.01, versus the consensus of $5.71. Merck sees FY2020 revenue of $47.6-48.6 billion, versus the consensus of $48 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Merck (MRK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Koppers Holdings (KOP) Tops Q1 EPS by 58c, Revenues Miss; Offers FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus, Affirms FY2 Revs. View
- Univar (UNVR) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c
- E.W. Scripps Co. (SSP) Misses Q1 EPS by 25c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!