Merck (MRK) Tops Q3 EPS by 27c, Revenues Beat; Narrows & Raises FY19 EPS/Revenue Above Consensus
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Merck (NYSE: MRK) reported Q3 EPS of $1.51, $0.27 better than the analyst estimate of $1.24. Revenue for the quarter came in at $12.4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $11.63 billion.
- Third-Quarter 2019 Worldwide Sales Were $12.4 Billion, an Increase of 15%; Sales Increased 16% Excluding Impact from Foreign Exchange; Growth Driven by Oncology and Human Health Vaccines
- KEYTRUDA Sales Grew 62% to $3.1 Billion; Excluding the Impact of Foreign Exchange, Sales Grew 64%
- Human Health Vaccines Sales Grew 17% to $2.5 Billion; Excluding the Impact of Foreign Exchange, Sales Grew 18%
- Third-Quarter 2019 GAAP EPS was $0.74, an Increase of 1%; Third-Quarter Non-GAAP EPS was $1.51, an Increase of 27%
- Company Narrows and Raises 2019 Full-Year Revenue Range to be Between $46.5 Billion and $47.0 Billion, Including a Negative Impact from Foreign Exchange of Approximately 2%
- Company Narrows and Reduces 2019 Full-Year GAAP EPS Range to be Between $3.75 and $3.80; Narrows and Raises 2019 Full-Year Non-GAAP EPS Range to be Between $5.12 and $5.17, Including a Negative Impact from Foreign Exchange of Approximately 1%
“We achieved another quarter of strong revenue and earnings growth as we continue to realize the benefits of our sustained investment in research and development and our focus on commercial execution,” said Kenneth C. Frazier, chairman and chief executive officer, Merck. “We are confident that the investments we are making now will allow us to convert cutting-edge science into medicines and vaccines of great benefit to patients and value to shareholders.”
Merck sees FY2019 EPS of $5.12-$5.17, versus the consensus of $4.92. Merck sees FY2019 revenue of $46.5-47 billion, versus the consensus of $45.98 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Merck (MRK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Spire (SR) Tops Q2 EPS by 62c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Outlook Above Consensus
- Summit Midstream Partners (SMLP) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
- TC Energy Corp. (TRP) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$1.16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!