Merck (MRK) Announces Frank Clyburn's Upcoming Resignation
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, announced today that Frank Clyburn, executive vice president and president, Human Health, will leave Merck on Feb. 1, 2022, to assume a leadership opportunity with another company. Leadership of Human Health following Frank’s departure will be announced in the coming weeks.
“I am extremely appreciative of Frank’s significant contributions to our company during his fourteen years with Merck. Frank has been a key catalyst for value creation, an incredible business strategist, a dedicated people leader and a fierce advocate for patients everywhere,” said Robert M. Davis, chief executive officer and president, Merck. “Frank’s strategic and operational excellence helped establish Merck as a global leader in oncology. Our human health business has delivered strong and sustainable growth under Frank’s leadership, and we are well-positioned to continue this momentum with the strong human health team we have in place.”
Clyburn joined Merck in 2008 and held several leadership positions with increasing responsibility throughout his Merck career. In March 2021, Clyburn was named president of Human Health. Previously, Clyburn served as chief commercial officer for Human Health, and was the president of Merck’s global oncology business. During his time at Merck, he also managed multiple global pharmaceutical franchises, including diabetes, cardiovascular and women’s health, and led numerous marketing and sales teams.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK) Receives Positive EU CHMP Opinion for KEYTRUDA as Adjuvant Treatment for Adult and Adolescent Patients With Stage IIB or IIC Melanoma
- Frontdoor, Inc. (FTDR) Announces Board Changes
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Receives FDA Approval for sNDA for ANNOVERA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!