Medicinova (MNOV) to discontinue development of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for COVID-19
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MediciNova, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company traded on the NASDAQ Global Market (NASDAQ: MNOV) and the JASDAQ Market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Code Number: 4875), today announced an update on the development of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for COVID-19. MediciNova has conducted a careful review of its numerous development programs to determine the best allocation of resources going forward considering the stage of development, expected costs of completing clinical development, and the competitive landscape. Given the COVID-19 vaccines currently in use and other vaccines in advanced stages of development, MediciNova has decided to discontinue development of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for COVID-19 in order to maintain adequate resources for its other development programs which have indications with larger unmet medical needs and market opportunities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Approval of Opdivo Combo for dvanced or Metastatic Gastric Cancer, Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer, and Esophageal Adenocarcinoma
- IDEAYA (IDYA) Reports Darovasertib Monotherapy OS Data and Observes Early Partial Responses in Binimetinib Combination in Metastatic Uveal Melanoma