McDonald's (MCD) to Acquire Carlyle's (CG) Stake in McDonald's China
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) and global investment firm
The CITIC Consortium, mainly through its equity affiliate CITIC Capital, will maintain its controlling ownership stake. Upon completion of the transaction, the CITIC Consortium will continue to own 52%, and McDonald's will remain a minority partner while increasing its stake from 20% to 48% ownership.
"Our strategic partnership with CITIC and
The business has generated Systemwide sales growth of more than 30% in the market year-to-date since
"We very much appreciate the strong partnership we have had with CITIC Capital and McDonald's Corporation. Together, we transformed the business, accelerating its growth profile and revolutionizing its digital marketing and operational capabilities," said
The deal is contingent upon customary regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2024.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LianBio (LIAN) Confirms Receipt of Unsolicited Proposal from Concentra Biosciences
- InnovAge (INNV) Announces Acquisition of ConcertoCare’s PACE Program
- HUB Cyber Security (HUBC) and Blackswan Technologies to collaborate on providing a Cyber enterprise solution for one of largest EU banks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!