Marriott (MAR) Expects To More Than Double All-Inclusive Portfolio In An Agreement With Sunwing Travel Group
- Global stocks eye new high on growth hopes, oil ebbs on COVID-19 fears
- Oil extends losses on U.S. stock build, pandemic concerns
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q1 Profit Views, Analysts Maintain Bullishness For 2021
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) today announced a significant planned expansion of its all-inclusive portfolio through a long-term agreement with Sunwing Travel Group's hotel division, Blue Diamond Resorts, which has an extensive portfolio of resort properties throughout the Caribbean, Central America and Mexico. The agreement is expected to propel Marriott into the list of top 10 global all-inclusive players by adding 19 franchised resorts totaling nearly 7,000 rooms across six destinations and more than doubling the company's presence in the all-inclusive segment to 33 properties by 2025. The majority of the properties are expected to be converted into Marriott's Autograph Collection by mid 2021.
"We are thrilled to work with Sunwing Travel Group and expand into two new leisure destinations – St. Lucia and Antigua," said Tony Capuano, Group President, Global Development, Design and Operations Services, Marriott International. "Blue Diamond's expertise in the all-inclusive segment and high-quality resorts will help ensure that these properties serve as excellent additions to the Marriott portfolio. Today's signing is a testament to Marriott International's scale and loyalty platform, and we look forward to providing travelers seeking an all-inclusive experience with more choices in the Caribbean and Latin America."
Marriott International launched its multi-brand all-inclusive portfolio platform in August 2019 and has 9 open hotels across Costa Rica, Barbados and Mexico with an additional 5 hotels in the pipeline in Mexico, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Brazil. With today's agreement, another 19 are expected to join the portfolio. The platform will provide the company's 145 million Marriott Bonvoy members the option to earn and redeem points for the convenient, pay-one-price concept.
"We are excited to enter into this agreement with Marriott International, and introduce Blue Diamond Resorts' portfolio of hotels to their Autograph Collection brand," said Stephen Hunter, CEO, Sunwing Travel Group. "Our luxurious, award-winning hotels will benefit from Marriott's world-renowned reputation and esteemed travel program, all while bolstering our mission to bring unparalleled vacation experiences to customers."
The following resorts are anticipated to convert to the Autograph Collection:
- 840-room Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- 343-room Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun
- 566-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun
- 332-room Planet Hollywood Adults Scene Cancun
- 457-room Royalton CHIC Suites Cancun Resort & Spa
- 730-room Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa
- 320-room Royalton CHIC Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- 525-room Royalton Splash Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- 317-room Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino
- 168-room Hideaway at Royalton Punta Cana
- 352-room Royalton White Sands Montego Bay
- 228-room Royalton Blue Waters Montego Bay
- 140-room Hideaway at Royalton Negril
- 407-room Royalton Negril Resort & Spa
- 290-room Royalton Saint Lucia Resort & Spa
- 166-room Hideaway at Royalton Saint Lucia
- 294-room Royalton Antigua Resort & Spa
- 294-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica
Multi-Brand All-Inclusive PortfolioGiven growing demand for premium and luxury all-inclusive stays, Marriott International previously announced it would leverage eight of its 30 global iconic brands in the all-inclusive category: The Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, Marriott Hotels, Westin Hotels, W Hotels, Autograph Collection, Tribute Portfolio and Delta Hotels by Marriott. Today's agreement reflects the addition of 19 resorts into Marriott International's Autograph Collection, a curated collection of remarkably independent hotels hand-selected for their inherent craft and distinct perspectives on design and hospitality. Guests will revel in an elevated all-inclusive leisure vacation experience with a unique design aesthetic, enriching programs and redesigned dynamic dining options, along with enhanced spa and wellness offerings.
Marriott Commitment to Clean Protocols Hotels in the Marriott portfolio are following Marriott International's Commitment to Clean protocols created together with leading experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention and hotel operations. These protocols include mandated mask-wearing for all associates within the hotel, and the use of electrostatic sprayers and disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize surfaces in the hotels. In addition, the company has modified its food and beverage operational practices creating a newly designed approach to buffets and in-room dining. Measures include but are not limited to contactless and low-touch service, digital menus, pre-plated mini buffet options and a hybrid buffet with elements of self-guided service around individually plated or packaged selections.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nikola (NKLA) , Travelcenters Of America (TA) Confirm Pact To Deploy Hydrogen Fueling Infrastructure
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore Unveils New East Wing - Showcasing a Library Reception, Lounge and Bar
- Seabourn, Barbados Partnering To Launch Summer Luxury Cruises From July (CCL)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!