Marathon Oil (MRO) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c, Revenues Beat
- S&P 500, Dow hit record highs on bank earnings boost
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar slips to 4-week low hurt by recent retreat in yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Marathon Oil (NYSE: MRO) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.12), $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.20). Revenue for the quarter came in at $830 million versus the consensus estimate of $838.05 million.
"While 2020 was a challenging year for our industry, I am proud of our many accomplishments, especially our record setting safety performance as we successfully managed through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic as critical essential infrastructure providers," said Chairman, President, and CEO Lee Tillman. "In addition, we reduced our cash costs by more than 20%, protected our investment grade balance sheet, reduced our gross debt, meaningfully improved our GHG emissions intensity, and ultimately generated about $280 million of free cash flow.
"For 2021," Tillman continued, "we have set a maintenance capital budget that prioritizes corporate returns and free cash flow generation over production growth. Consistent with our commitment to capital discipline, we won't raise our level of spending even if recent commodity price strength persists. We will simply generate more free cash flow. Our 2021 budget and our newly disclosed 5 Year Benchmark Maintenance Scenario are both evidence of our high quality portfolio, advantaged capital efficiency, and the sustainability of our strong financial performance. We believe we are well positioned to compete effectively with the broader S&P 500, and to continue executing on our transparent capital allocation framework that prioritizes free cash flow generation, balance sheet strength, and return of capital to investors. Further, we have taken important steps to improve alignment between our management team and investors through proactive compensation changes and are committed to continuing to reduce our GHG emissions intensity."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Marathon Oil (MRO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of New York (BK) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c, Revenues Beat
- AAR Corp. (AIR) Reports Election of Ellen M. Lord to Board
- Bausch Health Co. Inc. (BHC) Reports Brazilian Approval for VYZULTA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!