MGT Capital Investments (MGT) Names Bryan Seely to Hacker Advisory Board
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (NYSE: MGT) today announced the appointment of Bryan Seely, an ethical hacker and author of "Cyber Fraud: The Web of Lies," to its Hacker Advisory Board, effective immediately.
Bryan Seely is a world-famous ethical hacker and a former U.S. Marine. He is best known for his hack of Google Maps in early 2014 that proved to be able to intercept calls to the United States Secret Service and FBI. A few months later he found an exploit in LinkedIn.com and helped the company resolve the vulnerability. Seely has held a TED Talk, participated in several TEDx events and was profiled by Wired.com, CNNMoney, CNET, Forbes and the Washington Post. Seely is currently Chief Information Security Officer of J4 Capital LLC and an advocate for cyber security through his public speaking events and published books.
"Bryan is an outstanding addition to the MGT Hacker Advisory Board as a renowned ethical hacker. He thinks entirely out of the box, and has consistently looked to leverage his skills for the good of society," said John McAfee, proposed Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of MGT Capital. "Bryan's discovery that Google Maps could be used as a means of tapping into secret government communications, along with his efforts to widely alert the public, government and Google to their exposure is just the type of unique type of thinking MGT is looking for from its Hacker Advisory Board."
The Hacker Advisory Board was established by John McAfee to assist in steering the Company's technology in the ever changing field of cyber security threats. Each board member comes with unparalleled insight into the types of threats the Company aims to combat through its acquisition and evolution of cybersecurity technology. Existing members on the board include world renowned hackers Chris Roberts, Bryce Case and Alexander Heid.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zoom-Backed Events Platform Cvent to Go Public via $5.3 Billion SPAC Deal
- BIT Mining Limited (BTCM) Announces Removal of VIE Structure and Disposal of Chinese Lottery Business
- DPCM Capital (XPOA) and Jam City Terminate Business Combination Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments, Momentum Movers, Short Sales
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!