MGT Capital Investments (MGT) Names Bryan Seely to Hacker Advisory Board
- Wall Street rallies but trade choppy as investors digest Powell comments
- Powell acknowledges disinflation again, but sees more hikes in long inflation war
- V.F. Corp. shares surge 7% following Q4 beat & reaffirmed guidance
- Zoom (ZM) to lay off 1,300 employees, CEO to take a substantial pay cut
- Chipotle shares fall after missing on top and bottom lines in fourth quarter
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (NYSE: MGT) today announced the appointment of Bryan Seely, an ethical hacker and author of "Cyber Fraud: The Web of Lies," to its Hacker Advisory Board, effective immediately.
Bryan Seely is a world-famous ethical hacker and a former U.S. Marine. He is best known for his hack of Google Maps in early 2014 that proved to be able to intercept calls to the United States Secret Service and FBI. A few months later he found an exploit in LinkedIn.com and helped the company resolve the vulnerability. Seely has held a TED Talk, participated in several TEDx events and was profiled by Wired.com, CNNMoney, CNET, Forbes and the Washington Post. Seely is currently Chief Information Security Officer of J4 Capital LLC and an advocate for cyber security through his public speaking events and published books.
"Bryan is an outstanding addition to the MGT Hacker Advisory Board as a renowned ethical hacker. He thinks entirely out of the box, and has consistently looked to leverage his skills for the good of society," said John McAfee, proposed Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of MGT Capital. "Bryan's discovery that Google Maps could be used as a means of tapping into secret government communications, along with his efforts to widely alert the public, government and Google to their exposure is just the type of unique type of thinking MGT is looking for from its Hacker Advisory Board."
The Hacker Advisory Board was established by John McAfee to assist in steering the Company's technology in the ever changing field of cyber security threats. Each board member comes with unparalleled insight into the types of threats the Company aims to combat through its acquisition and evolution of cybersecurity technology. Existing members on the board include world renowned hackers Chris Roberts, Bryce Case and Alexander Heid.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lixte Biotechnology (LIXT) Reports That Its Lead Clinical Compound, Lb-100, Can Kill Cancer Cells Through Hyper-stimulation Of Cell Proliferation Signals In Pre-clinical Models
- Atlis Motor Vehicles (AMV) Says it is on Pace to Achieve Exponential Growth in 2023
- 36Kr Holdings Inc. (KRKR) to Innovate Content Production and User Interaction with ChatGPT Technology
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments, Momentum Movers, Short Sales
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!