MACOM Technology Solutions (MTSI) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c; Offers 2Q EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Wall Street rises as big banks kick off earnings season
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MACOM Technology Solutions (NASDAQ: MTSI) reported Q1 EPS of $0.46, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.42. Revenue for the quarter came in at $148.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $148.02 million.
First Quarter Fiscal Year 2021 GAAP Results
- Revenue was $148.5 million, an increase of 24.7%, compared to $119.1 million in the previous year fiscal first quarter and an increase of 0.9% compared to $147.2 million in the prior fiscal quarter;
- Gross margin was 54.0%, compared to 48.9% in the previous year fiscal first quarter and 52.8% in the prior fiscal quarter;
- Operating income was $12.1 million, compared to a loss of $10.5 million in the previous year fiscal first quarter and income of $12.7 million in the prior fiscal quarter; and
- Net loss was $9.0 million, or $0.13 loss per diluted share, compared to net loss of $28.4 million, or $0.43 loss per diluted share, in the previous year fiscal first quarter and net income of $17.5 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, in the prior fiscal quarter.
“Q1 was a good start to our fiscal year,” said Stephen G. Daly, President and Chief Executive Officer. “More importantly, our high-performance product portfolio continues to get stronger and more competitive.”
MACOM Technology Solutions sees Q2 2021 EPS of $0.46-$0.50, versus the consensus of $0.38. MACOM Technology Solutions sees Q2 2021 revenue of $148-152 million, versus the consensus of $145.33 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on MACOM Technology Solutions (MTSI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.40, Revenues Beat
- Wells Fargo profit boosted by lower reserves, easing sales scandal costs
- SAP SE (SAP) saw a sharp acceleration in new cloud business across its cloud portfolio
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!