M&T Bank Corp. (MTB) announces Daryl Bible to join as Chief Financial Officer
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq notch highest closes since early 2022
- U.S. economy adds 199,000 jobs in November
- Fed should 'lowball' rate cuts expectations next week says analyst after strong jobs data
- Bernstein's best idea for 2024? Short Tesla stock
- Analysts defend Broadcom as annual guidance falls short after FQ4 earnings beat
M&T Bank Corporation (NYSE: MTB) ("M&T") today announced several key changes to its leadership team, reporting to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer René Jones.
Daryl Bible will join M&T as its next Chief Financial Officer in the second quarter of 2023. Daryl brings three decades of experience as a banking and corporate finance leader. He joins M&T from Truist Financial Corporation, where he was the longest-serving CFO of a U.S. regional bank with a proven track record of economic transformations and operational execution.
Bible joined Truist's predecessor BB&T in January 2008 after a 24-year career with U.S. Bank, serving ten years as treasurer. He is a member of the CFA North Carolina Society, CFA Society of Cincinnati, Financial Services Roundtable, and the BAI CFO Roundtable.
"Daryl is a highly respected banking veteran," said M&T Chairman and Chief Executive Officer René Jones. "His strong performance as a purpose-driven leader with unsurpassed acumen, including shepherding one of the largest financial services mergers in recent history, will be a key asset to our leadership as we continue to evolve our bank."
M&T also announced today that current CFO Darren King will assume an expanded set of responsibilities to include oversight of a portfolio of businesses, including retail and business banking, mortgage, and consumer lending. He will remain CFO through the transition in the second quarter of 2023.
In addition, Chris Kay will be appointed as Head of Enterprise Platforms. In his role, Kay will further strengthen the bank's core capabilities, including digital and enterprise payments, and enhance other core bank platforms while creating greater operational effectiveness. Kay will also transition to this role in the second quarter of 2023.
"One of the core tenets of our operating model is having a seasoned and deep bench of executive leaders that often serve in many capacities during their tenure," said Jones. "This has allowed us to build on our experience and learnings for the overall benefit of the business. Darren and Chris will be able to use their unique experiences to help M&T to evolve its business and serve our customers effectively."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Veradigm (MDRX) Announces Greg Garrison Named Executive Chairman; Dr. Shih-Yin Ho Appointed Interim CEO; Lee Westerfield Appointed Interim CFO
- Atlantic Union Bankshares (AUB) Names Three New Board Members
- Surf Air Mobility (SRFM), Purdue University Enter Agreement for Privately Subsidized Commuter Air Service Between West Lafayette / Purdue University Airport and Chicago O’Hare Airport
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Related EntitiesBB&T Capital Markets
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!