Lincoln National (LNC) Misses Q4 EPS by 15c, Revenues Miss
- S&P 500, Dow set to ease from record levels; Coca-Cola rises on results
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- UK to Intervene on National Security Grounds on NVIDIA (NVDA) and Arm Deal
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lincoln National (NYSE: LNC) reported Q4 EPS of $1.78, $0.15 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.93. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.14 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.61 billion.
- Net income EPS of $0.74 and adjusted operating EPS of $1.78
- Adjusted operating EPS included $(0.96) from elevated pandemic-related claims experience and $0.38 of above targeted alternative investment income
- Net income ROE, including AOCI, of 2.6% and adjusted operating ROE, excluding AOCI, of 10.1%
- BVPS, including AOCI, of $118.02; BVPS, excluding AOCI, of $71.59
- Resumed share repurchases with $50 million completed in the quarter
“Underlying earnings power remained strong in the fourth quarter with both an increase in operating revenues and expense ratio improvement across all our businesses,” said Dennis R. Glass, president and CEO of Lincoln Financial Group. “Though the pandemic continues to impact our financial results, the health and economic environment is showing signs of improvement. When combined with our confidence in our ability to build sales over the year, execute on expense initiatives, accelerate digital capabilities, and continue to return capital to shareholders, we are optimistic about our ability to drive shareholder value.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Lincoln National (LNC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herman Miller (MLHR) to Acquire Knoll (KNL) for $1.8 Billion in Cash in Stock
- Bank Of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c
- Old National Bancorp (ONB) Tops Q1 EPS by 11c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!