Lilly (LLY) and Incyte (INCY) communicate review extension of sNDA for baricitinib for treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis
- Dow hits milestone, S&P breaks record high on tech rally
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- U.S. retail sales post largest gain in 10 months; weekly jobless claims fall
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- The Stock Market is Almost 'Completely Broken' - Einhorn
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) and Incyte (NASDAQ: INCY) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has extended the review period for the supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for baricitinib for the treatment of adults with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (AD).
The FDA extended the action date to allow time to review additional data analyses submitted by Lilly in response to recent information requests from the FDA. The Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date has been extended three months to early Q3 2021.
"We look forward to continuing to work closely with the FDA to bring baricitinib to patients living with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis," said Ilya Yuffa, senior vice president and president of Lilly Bio-Medicines. "We remain confident in baricitinib and believe it has the potential to be an effective new treatment option for these patients."
This extension does not affect Lilly's previously-issued financial guidance for 2021. Ongoing research for baricitinib, an oral JAK inhibitor discovered by Incyte and licensed to Lilly, in adult and pediatric AD, alopecia areata (AA), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), COVID-19 and for its approved indication for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) continues.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: IDEAYA Biosciences (IDYA) Reports First Patient Dosing in Phase 1 Clinical Trial of MAT2A Inhibitor IDE397 Evaluating MTAP-Deletion Solid Tumors
- XOMA's (XOMA) Royalty Portfolio Grows with Addition of Three Royalty Assets
- Precision BioSciences (DTIL) Reacquires Global Rights to its Allogeneic CAR T Programs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot FDA News
Related EntitiesPDUFA, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!