LendingClub (LC) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c, Offers Guidance; Announces Settlement of Previously Disclosed Class Action Lawsuits
- Wall St ends lower, pulled down by tech stocks
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Enters Aon plc (AON), Sells Most of Wells Fargo (WFC) Stake
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Morgan Stanley Sees a Path for Amazon.com (AMZN) to Hit $6,000 In the Next 12 Months
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LendingClub (NYSE: LC) reported Q4 EPS of $0.01, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $156.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $158.04 million.
LendingClub sees Q1 2018 revenue of $145-155 million, versus the consensus of $159.1 million.
LendingClub sees FY2018 revenue of $680-705 million, versus the consensus of $692.8 million.
Yesterday, the parties agreed to a Stipulation of Settlement that will be filed with the court, resulting from mediation efforts that began in November 2017. Details include:
- $125.0 million agreement, subject to court approval.
- $47.75 million will be covered by LendingClub's insurance.
- The remaining $77.25 million is reflected in the company's fourth quarter net loss and will be paid from liquid assets of approximately $650 million held at December 31, 2017.
This preliminary settlement will have no material impact on the company's business operations in 2018. As previously disclosed, LendingClub is still subject to several outstanding legacy issues that will result in elevated legal costs, including ongoing regulatory and government investigations, indemnification obligations and litigation.
Commenting on the preliminary settlement, Sanborn added, "We're encouraged to have reached an agreement that will put this matter behind us and substantially reduces our financial risk going forward."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on LendingClub (LC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GAN Limited (GAN) Misses Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Jack in the Box (JACK) Names New Chief Operating Officer
- COMSovereign Holding Corp. (COMS) Reports Q1 Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!