Laureate Education (LAUR) Announces Appointment of Chief Financial Officer
- World stocks edge back, bond yields, COVID-19 cases rise
- Canadian National (CNI) Plans to Make $30B Topping Bid for Kansas City Southern (KSU) - DJ
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Oil hits $68 on Libya force majeure despite pandemic surge
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAUR) today announced the appointment of Rick Buskirk as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective April 1, 2021. Mr. Buskirk, who currently is Laureate's Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, succeeds Jean-Jacques Charhon, who has resigned to pursue an opportunity outside the company.
Eilif Serck-Hanssen, President and CEO, said, "Rick Buskirk will continue to be a key member of our leadership team as Laureate moves forward with a smaller footprint and focus on operations in Mexico and Peru. Following his initial assignment with Laureate leading our Financial Planning and Analysis efforts, he has played an integral role in managing our strategic review process and overall portfolio optimization strategies. Over the past three years, Rick oversaw more than $5 billion in divestiture transactions, which has resulted in significant shareholder value creation."
Prior to joining Laureate in 2015, Rick was a CPA with EY and an investment banker with Deutsche Bank, and worked for multiple global brands, including Vodafone, NII Holdings, Inc. (formerly Nextel International), and Sprint/Nextel in a range of financial, strategy and operations positions. Rick holds a dual MBA from Columbia University and London Business School and a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Maryland.
Mr. Serck-Hanssen continued, "I would like to thank Jean-Jacques Charhon for his invaluable service since joining Laureate three years ago as we began our transformation journey. His leadership and contributions have been significant, including strengthening financial controls and providing important business partnership insights as we refocused Laureate into a regional education company. We appreciate his many contributions and wish him much success in his next chapter."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BJ's Wholesale Club (BJ) Announces Bob Eddy as President and CEO; Names Laura Felice as EVP/CFO
- New Oriental Education (EDU) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat; Offers 4Q Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Ra Medical Systems (RMED) Reports Increased Enrollment in Pivotal Atherectomy Clinical Trial
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!