LHC Group (LHCG) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Offers 1Q EPS/Revenue Guidance Below Consensus, Provides FY21 EPS/Revenue Outlook
- Wall Street closes lower as virus spike hits travel stocks
- Netflix (NFLX) Tops Q1 EPS by 78c, Subs Miss
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Boeing (BA) Down 3% After CFO - Aged 54 - Retires, Seen as an 'Odd' Move
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LHC Group (NASDAQ: LHCG) reported Q4 EPS of $1.40, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $1.39. Revenue for the quarter came in at $532.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $534.93 million.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Financial Results
- Net service revenue was $532.3 million.
- Net income attributable to LHC Group's common stockholders increased 39.3% to $30.4 million, or $0.97 per diluted share.
- Adjusted net income attributable to LHC Group's common stockholders increased 23.0% to $44.2 million, or $1.40 adjusted earnings per diluted share. Adjusted results for the fourth quarter of 2020 exclude a pre-tax amount of $3.2 million in acquisition and de novo related expenses, $12.2 million in COVID-19 related costs and expenses for purchases of personal protective equipment (PPE), supplies, employee related costs and expenses and other categories of costs and expenses incurred in response to the pandemic and $4.0 million in costs, expenses and impairments related to agency closures or consolidations.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 28.3% to $68.4 million.
Commenting on the results, Keith G. Myers, LHC Group's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "LHC Group plays an increasingly critical role in the nation's healthcare system with the last twelve months clearly demonstrating the importance of home as the most patient-preferred and cost-effective setting for care. The swift, comprehensive approach we took to the public health emergency caused by COVID-19 had a positive impact on the evolution of healthcare delivery models, helped to protect our employees and patients, boosted our organic growth trajectory and strengthened our value proposition to patients, partners and payors. Looking ahead to 2021 and beyond, we believe LHC Group has an unprecedented opportunity to lead our industry's transition to value-based care and address the growing needs of the population aged 65 and over that is expected to double by 2060."
LHC Group sees Q1 2021 EPS of $1.20-$1.30, versus the consensus of $1.37. LHC Group sees Q1 2021 revenue of $515-530 million, versus the consensus of $541.97 million.
LHC Group sees FY2021 EPS of $5.65-$5.90, versus the consensus of $5.90. LHC Group sees FY2021 revenue of $2.2-2.26 billion, versus the consensus of $2.26 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on LHC Group (LHCG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tenet Healthcare (THC) Tops Q1 EPS by 58c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Guidance, Offers FY21 Revs. View, 2Q EPS/Revs. Outlook
- Iridium Communications (IRDM) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Provides FY21 Revenue Growth Outlook
- Lockheed Martin (LMT) Tops Q1 EPS by 26c, Updates Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!