Kraft Heinz (KHC) Acquires 85% Stake in Just Spices
- Futures ease as caution prevails ahead of inflation data
- Salesforce rolls out first-ever dividend as Q4 results, guidance beat estimates
- Stocks near record highs, bitcoin barrels to best month since 2020
- Snowflake Q4 results top estimates; CEO retires
- SEC investigating whether OpenAI misled investors in Altman saga- WSJ
The Kraft Heinz Company (Nasdaq: KHC) announced today that it has reached an agreement to acquire an 85% stake in Germany-based Just Spices GmbH (“Just Spices”). The remaining 15% ownership stake will be retained by Just Spices’ three founders, who will continue on with the company and focus on driving the business and its international growth.
Launched in 2014, Just Spices is an innovative start-up, trailblazing the high-growth taste elevation category with annual sales of approximately €60 million. Its 170-plus product portfolio includes spice blends, salad dressings, and easy-to-prepare “In Minutes” blends for diverse meal occasions ranging from breakfast and light snacks to salads and baking, with a broad range of savory, sweet, classic and exotic flavors. Just Spices’ rapidly growing spice revolution business sells approximately 70% of its ready-made and one-step spice blends directly to consumers, with its remaining sales through major grocery retailers both in-store and online in Germany, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland.
Just Spices’ data-driven product innovation has successfully been geared towards the needs of today’s Gen Y and Gen Z consumer, with approximately 1.6 million followers across the company’s social media platforms. Its advanced analytics knowledge has enabled Just Spices to create and identify early consumer trend signals, foster product innovation, understand customer sentiment, and optimize consumer targeting.
“This is a great opportunity to further accelerate our growth agenda by strengthening our ability to anticipate trends in consumer tastes and preferences, as well as our speed to innovate,” said Rafael Oliveira, International Zone President at Kraft Heinz. “We will leverage our scale and agility to accelerate Just Spices’ business in the fast-growing taste elevation market beyond its current German base and its recent market entries in Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. We also see tremendous potential to strengthen and enhance our own direct-to-consumer operations and go-to-market expansion.”
“In the last few years, Just Spices has been further strengthening its successful omni-channel approach, with some of the best-in-class direct-to-consumer analytics in the food space. We are extremely excited by the potential for expansion that comes from combining Just Spices’ innovation and brand power with the Kraft Heinz team and the scale they bring to the table,” said Florian Falk, Just Spices CEO and one of the company’s three founders.
The deal is subject to customary closing conditions, including merger control approval, and is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2022.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GXO Logistics (GXO) Offers to Acquire Wincanton
- PMDS: Year-end Report April-December 2023
- Integra Resources (ITRG) to Acquire Strategic Claims at Delamar Project
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!