Kandi Electric Vehicles Group Sales Increased 238% QoQ (KNDI)
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Kandi Technologies Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: KNDI), today announced that Kandi Electric Vehicles Group Co., Ltd. (the "JV Company"), which is a 50/50 joint venture between the Company and Shanghai Maple Guorun Automobile Co., Ltd., a 99% owned subsidiary of Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd., sold 4,114 Kandi brand Electric Vehicles ("EVs") during second quarter of 2014, a 238% increase from 1,215 EVs in the first quarter of 2014. Kandi expects to report its second quarter financial results on August 11, 2014.
Mr. Hu Xiaoming, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Kandi commented, "The demand for EVs continues to grow significantly. We are extremely pleased that the JV Company has been able to accelerate its EV sales in the second quarter. We have not only achieved success in implementing the Hangzhou Public EV Sharing System, or the 'Carshare' Program, but also in growing our group leasing model."
Furthermore, on July 7 at the State Council Meeting, Li Keqiang, China's Prime Minister, spoke about the recently passed government's policy in waiving a 10% sales tax on electric cars, plug-in hybrids, and fuel-cell vehicles, beginning September 1, 2014 and lasting through the end of 2017, to spur consumers' demand for electric vehicles. The Chinese government has identified EVs as a strategic industry that can help it gain global leadership, reduce energy dependence and cut emissions that have contributed to worsening air pollution. Mr. Hu commented, "We are really excited about the government's policy to waive the sales tax on EVs. This will help lower the cost to consumers, in addition to boosting EV sales."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SAP SE (SAP) saw a sharp acceleration in new cloud business across its cloud portfolio
- Color Star Technology (CSCW) Signs Strategic Cooperation Agreement with Supre NFT for In-Depth Collaboration in the Development of Future NFT
- Performant Financial (PFMT) Re-Awarded CMS RAC Region 1 Contract
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!