Kaleyra Inc. (KLR) Misses Q4 EPS by 6c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Guidance Below Consensus
- S&P 500, Dow rise on boost from bank earnings
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Kaleyra Inc. (NYSE: KLR) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.15), $0.06 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.09). Revenue for the quarter came in at $44.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $42.2 million.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $44.3 million, a 16% increase when compared to Q3 revenue of $38.3 million and up 24% compared to $35.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Gross Profit: Gross profit for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $7.8 million, a 5% increase when compared to Q3 gross profit of $7.5 million and down 3% compared to $8.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2019. Gross margin for the fourth quarter of 2020 was 18%. Declining volumes in the first half of the year caused by COVID created a negative residual effect on margins in the fourth quarter.
- Net Loss: Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2020 was $(4.5) million, or $(0.15) per share, based on 29.7 million weighted-average shares outstanding. During the fourth quarter of 2019, net loss was $(3.6) million, or $(0.25) per share, based on 14.3 million weighted-average shares outstanding.
- Adjusted EBITDA comparable to previous year: Adjusted EBITDA comparable to previous year was $3.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2020, compared to $5.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2019. The decline in adjusted EBITDA is attributed to the increased headcount, predominantly in engineering talent, that has been hired to execute on emerging growth opportunities to develop and deliver new products and services.
“We once again have exceeded our revenue guidance and delivered our strongest quarter ever. The fourth quarter was an excellent finish to a challenging year, and our continued success in this environment serves to validate the strength of our model and strategy. As enterprise customers are increasingly looking for new ways to engage with their customers, our platform and strong value proposition have made Kaleyra a mission critical addition to their customer outreach,” commented Dario Calogero, Kaleyra’s Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “We are thrilled to begin 2021 with a high level of momentum provided by strong execution from our entire team, our robust platform of flexible APIs, and our unwavering commitment to helping our customers succeed.”
Kaleyra Inc. sees Q1 2021 revenue of $40.5-41.5 million, versus the consensus of $40.3 million.
Kaleyra Inc. sees FY2021 revenue of $183-185 million, versus the consensus of $188.59 million.
Kaylera’s outlook assumes that the Company’s largest markets, Italy and India, will continue to see improvements in their economies coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic. It also takes into consideration that there could still be continued pressure on transaction levels in certain regions and on certain business lines. As of February 16, 2021, Kaleyra is providing guidance for its first quarter and full year 2021 as follows:
- First Quarter 2021 Guidance: Total revenue is expected to be in the range of $40.5 - $41.5 million, absent an accelerated wave of COVID cases and shutdowns.
- Full Year 2021 Guidance: Total revenue is expected to be in the range of $183 – $185 million, above our previous guidance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kaleyra Inc. (KLR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.40, Revenues Beat
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c, Reaffirms Outlook
- Cinedigm (CIDM) Announces Record Subscription and Ad-Supported User Growth Milestones
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!