Jacobs (J) Extends Contract to Support UK's Nuclear Power Plants
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jacobs (NYSE: J) was awarded an extension to its Project Management Resources (PMR) contract with EDF Nuclear Generation, operator of the U.K.'s nuclear power plants. The Jacobs team will continue to support the stations, which account for about 17% of the country's electricity output.
This involves supporting the seven advanced gas-cooled reactor (AGR) stations, including the transition from generation to defueling, and the long-term operation program for the Sizewell B pressurized water reactor. EDF estimates the April 2022 – March 2024 extension at more than $44 million (£32.5 million).
Now in its seventh year, the PMR contract supports work for more than 150 project management specialists. Jacobs is now recruiting for locations across the U.K. and welcomes those with diverse, non-nuclear experience.
"The agreement to extend was made ten months in advance, reflecting EDF's confidence in Jacobs and our record of successful delivery," said Jacobs Energy, Security and Technology Senior Vice President Karen Wiemelt. "We will assist EDF to maximize generation from these vital national assets for the remainder of their operating lives and to transition smoothly toward defueling and decommissioning."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NHTSA Hires Tesla (TSLA) Autopilot Critic as Safety Advisor; Musk Claims Bias
- DarioHealth (DRIO) Announces Up to $200M Stock Offering
- Gencor Industries, Inc. (GENC) Announces Removal of James P. Sharp from Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!