Jacobs (J) Awarded US Navy's Kings Bay Base Operations Support I Contract for Intelligent Asset Management
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - January 26, 2021 7:47 AM EST)
(Updated - January 26, 2021 7:46 AM EST)
Jacobs (NYSE: J) was selected by U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Southeast for base operating support services at the Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Georgia and outlying areas. The contract, known as Kings Bay Base Operations Support I (KB BOSI), goes into effect June 1, 2021 and has a maximum potential award to Jacobs of $421M over a one-year base period and seven one-year options.
Jacobs expands its partnership with the U.S. Navy with this win, delivering intelligent asset management solutions on three contracts providing base operations services (BOS) at Naval Station Mayport in Florida, Naval Base Kitsap's West Sound in Washington and now Kings Bay.
"The Kings Bay contract allows Jacobs to leverage its experience and longstanding relationship with the U.S. Navy to support NAVFAC Southeast's critical mission ensuring our countries warfighters have reliable facilities to protect our country," said Jacobs Critical Mission Solutions Senior Vice President Steve Arnette. "Our team will apply innovative and agile technical and management approaches across all elements of the contract enterprise while ensuring a strong focus on safety."
Work under the KB BOSI contract includes providing intelligent asset management solutions to enhance infrastructure reliability and availability in the areas of force protection, facility management, facility investment, utilities management, electrical, steam, wastewater, water, compressed air, SCADA, telecommunications, chiller plant, transportation, and equipment, environmental and other related services. Leveraging Jacobs' depth of capabilities in reliability-centered maintenance programs, the company will provide enhanced operation and maintenance expertise to increase infrastructure reliability at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
Kings Bay provides management, maintenance and operation services for the Ohio class nuclear-powered submarines, systems, infrastructure and facilities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genmab A/S (GMAB) and Seagen (SGEN) Announce U.S. FDA Filing Acceptance for Priority Review of Tisotumab Vedotin BLA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
- Coupa Software (COUP) Announces Strategic Partnership with Japan Cloud to Establish Coupa K.K.
- Jacobs Engineering (JEC) PT Raised to $150 at BofA Securities