JD.com (JD) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c, Revenues Beat
- Dow leads the way in broad Wall Street rally
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
- Oil rallies on weaker dollar and Iran supply uncertainty
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JD.com (NASDAQ: JD) reported Q3 EPS of $0.29, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $0.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $18.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $18.13 billion.
Third Quarter 2019 Highlights
- Net revenues for the third quarter of 2019 were RMB134.8 billion (US$18.9 billion), an increase of 28.7% from the third quarter of 2018. Net service revenues for the third quarter of 2019 were RMB16.0 billion (US$2.2 billion), an increase of 47.0% from the third quarter of 2018.
- Income from operations for the third quarter of 2019 was RMB4,973.2 million (US$695.8 million), compared to loss from operations of RMB650.7 million for the same period last year. Non-GAAP2 income from operations for the third quarter of 2019 was RMB2,974.9 million (US$416.2 million) with a record non-GAAP operating margin of 2.2%, as compared to RMB638.3 million in the third quarter of 2018 with a non-GAAP operating margin of 0.6%.
- Net income attributable to ordinary shareholders for the third quarter of 2019 was RMB612.3 million (US$85.7 million), compared to RMB3,000.6 million for the same period last year. Non-GAAP net income attributable to ordinary shareholders increased by 160.6% to RMB3,085.9 million (US$431.7 million) in the third quarter of 2019 from RMB1,184.3 million in the third quarter of 2018.
- Diluted EPS and Non-GAAP Diluted EPS. Diluted net income per ADS for the third quarter of 2019 was RMB0.41 (US$0.06), compared to RMB2.03 for the third quarter of 2018. Non-GAAP diluted net income per ADS for the third quarter of 2019 was RMB2.08 (US$0.29), compared to RMB0.80 for the same quarter last year.
- Operating cash flow for the twelve months ended September 30, 2019 increased to RMB30.8 billion (US$4.3 billion) from RMB18.2 billion for the twelve months ended September 30, 2018. Free cash flow, which excludes the impact from JD Baitiao receivables included in the operating cash flow, for the twelve months ended September 30, 2019 increased to RMB15.6 billion (US$2.2 billion), compared to outflow of RMB5.5 billion for the twelve months ended September 30, 2018.
- Annual active customer accounts3 increased to 334.4 million in the twelve months ended September 30, 2019 from 321.3 million in the twelve months ended June 30, 2019. Mobile monthly active users4 in September 2019 increased by 36% as compared to September 2018. In the third quarter, over 70% of new customers were from lower-tier cities.
“JD’s commitment to providing consumers with the best possible online shopping experience drove another strong quarter of growth,” said Richard Liu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of JD.com. “In particular, more and more consumers in China’s fast-growing lower-tier cities are turning to JD for our superior value and service. We will continue to invest in technology and innovation to meet the growing needs of Chinese consumers and businesses for fast and reliable e-commerce and supply chain solutions.”
“JD saw excellent results for the third quarter marked by accelerating revenue growth and record operating profit margin,” said Sidney Huang, Chief Financial Officer of JD.com. “Customer growth also remained solid, reflecting our commitment to becoming China’s top source for quality products at everyday low prices, supported by world class operating efficiency. Looking forward, we will increasingly benefit from the economies of scale inherent in JD’s unique business model through our leading supply chain, technology and service capabilities.”
Fourth Quarter 2019 Guidance
Net revenues for the fourth quarter of 2019 are expected to be between RMB163 billion and RMB168 billion, representing a growth rate between 21% and 25% compared with the fourth quarter of 2018. This forecast reflects JD.com’s current and preliminary expectation, which is subject to change
For earnings history and earnings-related data on JD.com (JD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Everi Holdings (EVRI) Announces Expected 2021 Second Quarter Results In Connection With Plan To Refinance Outstanding Debt
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Globus Maritime (GLBS) Shares Up 13% Following Earnings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!