Iovance Biotherapeutics (IOVA) Provides Regulatory Update for Lifileucel Potency Assays, BLA Submission Now Expected H1 2022
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 18, 2021 4:36 PM EDT)
Iovance Biotherapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: IOVA), a late-stage biotechnology company developing novel T cell-based cancer immunotherapies, today announced receipt of regulatory feedback from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding its potency assays for lifileucel. Previously, the company reported the submission of assay data to the FDA and recently the FDA provided comments regarding the data package.
Following FDA feedback, Iovance will continue its ongoing work developing and validating its potency assays and plans to submit additional assay data and to meet with the FDA in the second half of 2021. The company's biologics license application (BLA) submission for lifileucel is now expected to occur during the first half of 2022.
“TIL is a first-in-class, one-time administration cell therapy and the first potential BLA for a cell therapy in solid tumors,” stated Maria Fardis, Ph.D., MBA, Iovance President and Chief Executive Officer. “As such, TIL product is complex by nature and alignment with FDA on a potency assay is an important step toward BLA submission. With a regenerative medicines advanced therapy (RMAT) designation for lifileucel, FDA recognizes the unmet need for patients with metastatic melanoma who progress after anti-PD1 therapy.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JMP Securities Upgrades Iovanace Biotherapeutics (IOVA) to Market Outperform; Data at ASCO 'Looks Impressive'
- Quidel Corp (QDEL) Receives Amended EUA for New Sofia Q Rapid Antigen Test Device
- Recon Technology (RCON) Updates Progress on its Technology-Driven Solutions for Electric Submersible Progressing Cavity Pump with $5 Million Orders Secured
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!