Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) announces Roche has decided to discontinue dosing in the Phase III GENERATION HD1 study of tominersen in manifest Huntington's disease
- Wall Street heads for subdued start as Netflix, oil drop
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence hits reflation trades
- Manchester United (MANU) Stock Falls as European Super League Collapses Amid Huge Fans Backlash
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: IONS) announced its partner, Roche, has decided to discontinue dosing in the Phase III GENERATION HD1 study of tominersen in manifest Huntington's disease (HD). The decision was based on the results of a pre-planned review of data from the Phase III study conducted by an unblinded Independent Data Monitoring Committee (iDMC). While there were no new or emerging safety signals identified for tominersen, the iDMC made its recommendation based on the investigational therapy's potential benefit/risk profile for study participants. Participants will continue to be followed for safety and clinical outcomes.
"We are very disappointed by this news," said Brett Monia, Ph.D., Ionis CEO. "This of course is not the outcome we have been working towards or hoped for, as we have grown quite close to the HD patient community over the years. We are committed to finding treatments for this devastating disease and want to thank the patients, their families and the entire HD community for their partnership, trust and dedication. We look forward to learning more once Roche has evaluated the full data."
In addition, dosing will be paused in the open-label extension study (GEN-EXTEND) of tominersen while data are carefully analyzed to inform next steps on this study. Roche also stated that the Phase I PK/PD study (GEN-PEAK) of tominersen and Roche's observational HD Natural History Study will continue.
Roche has stated that once full data from the studies are available and analyzed, Roche will share learnings and future plans with the community.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) Begins Pivotal Clinical Study of Novel Antisense Medicine to Treat Patients with Alexander Disease
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Vision Receives FDA Clearance and CE Mark for Next-Generation Phacoemulsification Machine, VERITAS Vision System
- DraftKings (DKNG) Names Gisele Bundchen as Special Advisor to the CEO and Board for ESG Initiatives
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!