International Paper (IP) Completes Veritiv (VRTV) Spin-Off; Starts Trading Today on NYSE
- Wall St rises as jobless claims fall; Cigna weighs on healthcare stocks
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises over 1% as Mideast tensions face virus concerns
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) 'Scores' with $2 Billion Deal to Acquire theScore (SCR), Seen as 'Highly Strategic'
- Uber (UBER) Beats Estimates As Higher Labor Spend Drags on Profitability, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Bullish
International Paper (NYSE: IP) announced the completion of the previously announced spinoff of its distribution solutions business, xpedx, and xpedx's merger with Unisource, with the combined companies now operating as Veritiv Corporation (NYSE: VRTV). Shares of the newly merged company will begin "regular way" trading on the NYSE under the symbol VRTV today.
The spinoff was accomplished by the contribution of the xpedx business to Veritiv and the distribution of 8,160,000 shares of Veritiv common stock on a pro-rata basis to International Paper shareholders. In exchange for such contribution, International Paper today received a special payment of $400 million, subject to certain adjustments, financed with new debt in Veritiv's capital structure. Immediately following the distribution, UWW Holdings, Inc., the parent company of Unisource Worldwide, Inc., merged with and into Veritiv, with the parent company of UWW Holdings, Inc. receiving 7,840,000 unregistered shares of Veritiv common stock (equal to approximately 49% of the total resulting outstanding shares of Veritiv common stock) as merger consideration.
"The completion of this transaction and creation of Veritiv provide excellent value for International Paper shareholders, as this new independent public company emerges with opportunities to be stronger and more competitive than either of the merged companies alone," said International Paper Chairman and CEO John Faraci.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) Acquires Score Media and Gaming (SCR) for $2B in Cash and Stock
- IPO for SPAC Gladstone Acquisition Corporation (GLEE) Opens at $10
- GoodRx Holdings, Inc. (GDRX) Announces Agreement with Surescripts to Provide Real-Time Drug Discount Pricing in Electronic Health Records
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, IPOs, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!