Illumina (ILMN) Applauds FDA's Draft Guidances on Oversight of Next Generation Sequencing
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close up 4th straight week as optimism grows
- 'Back in Tech': Investors are Increasing Exposure to Tech and Growth Stocks - BofA
- Rivian Reports Bigger Loss, Says Current Models Won't Qualify for Tax Breaks
- US-listed China Stocks Slip on Delisting Moves, Analyst Sees Short-term Noise
- Salesforce (CRM), Snowflake (SNOW) Rated New Sell at Guggenheim, Oracle (ORCL) at Buy
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ: ILMN) today announced that it supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in their efforts to provide a flexible and streamlined approach to the oversight of next generation sequencing (NGS) diagnostic tests, as represented by FDA’s release of two new draft guidance documents. The FDA draft guidances are part of the larger Precision Medicine Initiative announced by President Obama in his 2015 State of the Union address.
“This is an important step forward,” said Francis deSouza, President and CEO of Illumina. “We support the proactive actions the FDA is taking to recognize the benefits of next generation sequencing and provide appropriately flexible and adaptive regulatory oversight of these tests, while accommodating the rapid evolution of NGS technologies.”
Next generation sequencing can examine millions of DNA variants at a time, reading a patient’s DNA to detect genomic variations that determine whether a person has or is at risk of disease and informing treatment decisions. Illumina will continue to partner with customers and work with FDA to collectively enable the promise of genetic medicine by driving the adoption of next generation sequencing.
The two FDA draft guidance documents, Use of Standards in FDA Regulatory Oversight of Next Generation Sequencing Based In Vitro Diagnostics (IVDs) Used for Diagnosing Germline Diseases and Use of Public Human Genetic Variant Databases to Support Clinical Validity for Next Generation Sequencing Based In Vitro Diagnostics, were released July 6th.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Illumina (ILMN) PT Lowered to $300 at Stifel
- Novavax (NVAX) Nuvaxovid COVID-19 Vaccine Approved in South Korea for Use in Adolescents Aged 12 Through 17
- UNITY Biotechnology (UBX) Reports Positive Data in Phase 2 BEHOLD Study of UBX1325
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesBarack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!