IDEX Corp. (IEX) Enters Agreement to Acquire AWG in EUR 46M Deal
- Wall Street rallies but trade choppy as investors digest Powell comments
- Powell acknowledges disinflation again, but sees more hikes in long inflation war
- V.F. Corp. shares surge 7% following Q4 beat & reaffirmed guidance
- Zoom (ZM) to lay off 1,300 employees, CEO to take a substantial pay cut
- Chipotle shares fall after missing on top and bottom lines in fourth quarter
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
IDEX Corporation (NYSE: IEX) announced that LUKAS Hydraulik GmbH, a subsidiary of IDEX, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AWG Fittings GmbH (“AWG”), a European leader in the manufacturing of safety equipment, for a cash consideration of €46.0 million. AWG produces engineered products for the safety and emergency response markets, including valves, monitors and nozzles, operating under the AWG, Alco, ZR, and Lancier brand names.
Located in Ballendorf, Germany, AWG had revenues of approximately €36 million for the year ended December 31, 2015, and will operate within the IDEX Fire and Safety/Diversified Products Segment. The transaction is expected to close in approximately 45 days, subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
Commenting on the transaction, IDEX Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Andy Silvernail stated, “We are pleased to announce the AWG transaction, and look forward to welcoming them to the IDEX family. AWG brings excellent brands and products to our expanding Fire Suppression platform. This addition, coupled with our recent acquisition of Akron Brass, further supports our global customers with best in class life safety and fire suppression solutions.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fortune Rise Acquisition Corporation (FLRA) and OriginClear Agree to Further Extend Period to Consummate Merger
- MetLife (MET) to acquire Raven Capital Management
- Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF) Expands Its Use of Artificial Intelligence
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!