ICON plc (ICLR) Appoints Eugene McCague to Board
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ICON plc, (NASDAQ: ICLR) global provider of drug development solutions and services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, today announced the appointment of Mr. Eugene McCague as a non-executive director.
Mr. McCague was a corporate partner of Arthur Cox, one of Ireland’s premier law firms, from 1988 until June 2017. During his time with Arthur Cox, Mr. McCague served as both managing partner and chairman of Arthur Cox and also advised a wide range of public and private companies on mainstream corporate work, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and corporate governance.
In addition to his distinguished legal career, Mr. McCague also has extensive board experience with commercial, government and educational organizations. Mr. McCague currently serves on the board of FLY Leasing Limited, an aircraft leasing company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and on the board of the Irish branch of AON Insurance. He also serves as chairman of the governing authority of University College Dublin.
Mr. McCague’s previous board roles include the Health Service Executive, the Irish state body which administers public health service in Ireland, chairman of the governing body of Dublin Institute of Technology and chairman of the Dublin Institute of Technology Foundation. Mr. McCague was also president of the Dublin Chamber of Commerce in 2006.
Mr. McCague holds a Bachelor of Civil Law degree and a diploma in European Law from University College Dublin.
"I am very pleased that Eugene has joined the board," commented Mr. Ciaran Murray, Chairman of the Board. "His leadership positions at Arthur Cox, one of Ireland’s premier law firms, and his strong business experience across many industry sectors will bring invaluable expertise to the ICON board.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MediaCo (MDIA) announces Rahsan-Rahsan Lindsay has been named Chief Executive Officer
- Flexion Therapeutics (FLXN) Announces Appointment of William T. Andrews, M.D., F.A.C.P., as Chief Medical Officer
- ViewRay (VRAY) Elects Karen N. Prange to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!