I-Mab Biopharma (IMAB) Announces IND Approval by FDA to Initiate Phase 1 Study for Protollin for the Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease
- Futures inch lower ahead of unemployment, retail sales data
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- Coinbase (COIN) Applies to Trade Bitcoin, Crypto Futures
- Dollar edges higher with focus on Fed for taper clues
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) Upgraded to Outperform at Credit Suisse, Other Analysts Raise PTs Following Bullish Investor Day
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
I-Mab (the "Company") (Nasdaq: IMAB), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel biologics, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared the Investigational New Drug (IND) submission for Protollin, an investigational drug to treat Alzheimer's disease, enabling a Phase 1 clinical trial to be initiated. Worldwide, around 50 million people are living with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias, with no cure available.
"Advancing Protollin into clinic is a critical milestone in the search to develop novel therapies for this devastating disease, and we are honored to be engaging in a planning process with partners around the globe and contributing our expertise," said Dr. Jingwu Zang, Founder, Chairman and Director of I-Mab.
Protollin is a new type of immunotherapy aimed at stimulating the innate immune system to activate a response against the build-up of beta amyloid protein plaques and subsequent tau tangles that cause memory loss.
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Inspirevax (formerly Biodextris) granted I-Mab and Nhwa global exclusive licenses to develop, manufacture, and commercialize Protollin, and Biodextris will manufacture and supply Protollin for preclinical and clinical studies until the recruitment of the first patient in the Phase 1b MAD study. I-Mab will develop and commercialize Protollin outside of the Greater China territory, while Nhwa will develop and commercialize the drug in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adaptive Biotechnologies (ADPT) Will Present New SARS-CoV-2 Data from its Immune Medicine Platform at IDWeek 2021
- Prenetics to Become Publicly Traded on Nasdaq via Merger with Adrian Cheng's Artisan Acquisition Corp. (ARTA) (ARTAU)
- Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) Announces U.S. FDA Acceptance of IND for NTLA-5001, its CRISPR/Cas9-Engineered TCR-T Cell Candidate for Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!