Humanigen Inc. (HGEN) Reports Complete Enrollment in Phase 3 Study of Lenzilumab in Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Humanigen, Inc. (NASDAQ: HGEN) today announced it has completed enrollment for its pivotal phase 3 study of lenzilumab for COVID-19. The Company expects to announce top-line data in March 2021.
The primary objective of this Phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, which enrolled 520 patients, is to determine whether lenzilumab in addition to current standard of care can alleviate the immune-mediated cytokine release syndrome (CRS) and improve ventilator-free survival in hospitalized and hypoxic patients with COVID-19 pneumonia.
“Completing enrollment in this Phase 3 study is a significant milestone in the clinical development of lenzilumab,” said Cameron Durrant, MD, MBA, chief executive officer of Humanigen. “Therapeutics are an important tool alongside vaccines to tackle the coronavirus. We are grateful to the trial participants, their families, investigators and healthcare professionals for their contributions and partnership in continuing to advance the development of lenzilumab.”
Humanigen's investigational treatment lenzilumab, a proprietary Humaneered® anti-human granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) monoclonal antibody, is designed to prevent and treat cytokine storm, a complication believed to be a cause of the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) that can result in invasive mechanical ventilation and death in certain COVID-19 patients. Data showed that almost 90 percent of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 are at risk of this immune hyper-response.
More details on Humanigen’s programs in COVID-19 can be found on the company’s website under the COVID-19 tab. Details on this Phase 3 lenzilumab clinical trial can be found at clinicaltrials.gov using Identifier NCT04351152.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Approval of Opdivo Combo for dvanced or Metastatic Gastric Cancer, Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer, and Esophageal Adenocarcinoma
- AAR Corp. (AIR) Reports Election of Ellen M. Lord to Board
- Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Tops Q1 EPS by 44c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!