Horizon Therapeutics (HZNP) Announces New Analysis of UPLIZNA for Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Published in Neurology Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Horizon Therapeutics plc (Nasdaq: HZNP) today announced the publication of a new analysis of the pivotal Phase 2/3 N-MOmentum trial for UPLIZNA (inebilizumab-cdon), assessing the potential for reduced risk of worsening disability in those living with NMOSD. These data are published in the May issue of Neurology Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation. UPLIZNA is the first and only FDA-approved anti-CD19 B-cell depleting humanized monoclonal antibody for the treatment of adult patients with anti-aquaporin-4 (AQP4) antibody positive NMOSD.
A separate analysis of the Phase 2/3 N-MOmentum trial published in the Annals of Neurology highlights a potential new biomarker of disease activity in NMOSD. Currently there is no blood test that can effectively monitor disease activity, severity of attacks or treatment impact for NMOSD patients. But research has indicated that serum glial fibrillary acidic protein (sGFAP) may be a relevant biomarker for the disease.
“Over the past few years, there has been remarkable progress in the scientific understanding and treatment of NMOSD that has improved patient outcomes,” said Quinn Dinh, M.D., vice president, medical affairs, Horizon. “These two publications assess the clinical impact of UPLIZNA on the challenging, progressive effects of NMOSD. Through continued research, we have an opportunity to further enhance our knowledge and ability to support the NMOSD community.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zynerba Pharma (ZYNE) Presents Sleep Data from Study of Zygel in Children and Adolescents with Both DEE and ASD at Associated Professional Sleep Societies SLEEP 2021 Annual
- TE Connectivity (TEL) Announces Additional $1.5B Share Buyback Plan
- Horizon Therapeutics (HZNP) Gains on Newsletter Pick
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!