Hologic (HOLX) Tops Q1 EPS by 69c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- GameStop (GME) CEO Gets the Axe as Ryan Cohen Continues to Make His Mark, Analyst Says Co. Will Likely Look to Tech Sector for New Hires
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hologic (NASDAQ: HOLX) reported Q1 EPS of $2.86, $0.69 better than the analyst estimate of $2.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.61 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.4 billion.
- Revenue of $1.61 Billion Increases 89.3%, 86.5% in Constant Currency
- Organic Revenue Increases 107.0%, 104.0% in Constant Currency
- Company Posts GAAP Diluted EPS of $2.50, Non-GAAP Diluted EPS of $2.86
“Hologic had a strong start to fiscal 2021 across all our businesses and major geographies,” said Steve MacMillan, the Company’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our Diagnostics division continued to deliver incredible performance by making a massive impact against COVID-19. Furthermore, our Breast Health and Surgical businesses continued to strengthen, with each returning to growth in the United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific.”
Hologic sees Q2 2021 EPS of $2.56-$2.68, versus the consensus of $2.02. Hologic sees Q2 2021 revenue of $1.5-1.56 billion, versus the consensus of $1.36 billion.
“We expect our strong financial performance to continue in the second quarter of fiscal 2021,” said Karleen Oberton, Hologic’s Chief Financial Officer.
Hologic’s financial guidance for the second quarter of fiscal 2021 is shown in the table below. The guidance is based on a non-GAAP tax rate of approximately 21.75%, and diluted shares outstanding of 262 to 263 million for the quarter. Constant currency guidance assumes that foreign exchange rates are the same in fiscal 2021 as in fiscal 2020. Current guidance assumes that recent foreign exchange rates persist for all of the second quarter of fiscal 2021. Organic revenue guidance is on a constant currency basis and excludes the divested Blood Screening and the acquired Acessa businesses. The guidance does not include the impact of the pending Biotheranostics acquisition, which has not closed.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Hologic (HOLX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Holdings (CCK) Tops Q1 EPS by 44c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q EPS Guidance Above Consensus, FY21 EPS Views Below Consensus
- Coca Cola (KO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- ExlService (EXLS) Announces President & COO Pavan Bagai to Retire, Effective October 1st
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!