Hershey Foods (HSY) Won't Comment on Today's Market Rumor
- Wall St opens higher on earnings boost; supply chain worries linger
- Netflix (NFLX) Beats Estimates but Shares Slip on Conservative 4Q Net Adds Outlook, Analysts Mostly Positive and Raise Price Targets; Deutsche Bank Downgrades to Hold
- United Airline (UAL) Stock Gains on Smaller-Than-Expected 3Q Loss, Analysts Expect Stronger Recovery in 4Q and 2022
- Micron (MU) Commits to Spend $150 Billion on Memory and R&D Over the Next Decade, Will Build a $7 Billion Plant in Japan and Considers Building a New US Memory Factory
- 63% Investors Say SpaceX Could Become More Valuable Than Tesla (TSLA) and Represents More Attractive Investment - Morgan Stanley's Survey
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hershey Foods (NYSE: HSY) offered no comment on rumors in the market Thursday that it was the target of a takeover bid from Nestle.
"As a matter of company policy, we do not comment on market speculation related to mergers and acquisitions," a company spokesperson told StreetInsider in an e-mail.
The rumor, while unsubstantiated, had shares of Hershey up over 3% earlier. In addition, options trading was highly active.
Shares have since moved off the morning highs and were last up 1.8%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cboe Global Markets (CBOE) Acquires ErisX
- IBM (IBM) to acquire Adobe Workfront consulting unit and assets from Rego Consulting Corporation
- ION Acquisition Corp. 2 (IACB) and Innovid Announce Additional $50M PIPE Investment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!