Here's Why Dynavax (DVAX) Stock Price Is Up 34% Today
- Wall Street ends higher as investors bet on positive earnings season
- Netflix (NFLX) Q3, Q4 Subscriber Guidance Beats on 'Squid Game' Success
- Walmart (WMT) Added to Goldman's Conviction Buy List, Target (TGT) Removed
- SpaceX: If Elon Musk Were to Become the First Trillionaire, it Won't be Because of Tesla (TSLA)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Reports a Beat-and-Raise 3Q, Analyst Positive
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of Dynavax Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: DVAX) are up over 34% today after the biotech company said that its partner Clover Biopharmaceuticals reported positive data for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate “SCB-2019.”
Dynavax stock price surged in pre-open Wednesday after the company said that SCB-2019 showed 100% efficacy against severe COVID-19 and hospitalizations, and 84% efficacy against moderate-to-severe COVID-19.
Clover uses Dynavax's CpG 1018 adjuvant, developed to generate a strong vaccine immune response.
This way, the vaccine candidate met the primary efficacy objective and secondary efficacy endpoints in the Phase 2 clinical trial.
"We believe these trial results demonstrate the value of our CpG 1018 adjuvant as part of the response to this pandemic and as a platform for the development of new and improved vaccines," said Dynavax Chief Executive Ryan Spencer.
Dynavax stock price is up over 330% YTD to hit a market capitalization of roughly $2.3 billion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Energous (WATT) Stock Surges 37% Following FCC Approval for Unlimited Distance Over-the-Air Wireless Charging
- IBM (IBM) lower intra-day as Jim Chanos discusses negatively
- Oyster’s (OYST) Tyrvaya is Meaningfully Differentiated, Can Reach $1B+ Peak Sales – Analyst
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!