HCA Holdings (HCA) Tops Q1 EPS by 82c, Revenues Beat; Offers EPS Guidance Above Consensus, Provides FY21 Revenue Outlook
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation fears prompt tech sell-off
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
HCA Holdings (NYSE: HCA) reported Q1 EPS of $4.14, $0.82 better than the analyst estimate of $3.32. Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.98 billion versus the consensus estimate of $13.64 billion.
Key first quarter metrics (all percentage changes compare 1Q 2021 to 1Q 2020 unless otherwise noted):
- Revenues totaled $13.977 billion
- Net income attributable to HCA Healthcare, Inc. totaled $1.423 billion, or $4.14 per diluted share
- Adjusted EBITDA totaled $3.052 billion
- Cash flows from operating activities totaled $1.988 billion
- Same facility admissions declined 4.2 percent and same facility equivalent admissions declined 6.5 percent
“The first quarter is yet another period where the disciplined operating culture and strong execution by our teams were on display. I want to thank our 275,000 colleagues and 50,000 physicians for their tremendous work. We could not have performed at this level without their unwavering commitment to our patients and the communities they serve,” said Sam Hazen, Chief Executive Officer of HCA Healthcare. “As we continue to resource and execute on our strategic agenda, we will remain true to our mission of improving lives and delivering on the responsibilities we have to our stakeholders.”
HCA Holdings sees FY2021 EPS of $13.30-$14.30, versus the consensus of $12.74. HCA Holdings sees FY2021 revenue of $54-55 billion, versus the consensus of $54.7 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on HCA Holdings (HCA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yalla Group Limited (YALA) Reports Q1 Revenues Beat; Provides 2Q Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- i3 Verticals, Inc. (IIIV) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Revenues Miss; Offers FY21 Revenues Views Above Consensus, FY21 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus,
- Magnite (MGNI) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!