Greenbrier Cos. (GBX) Announces $1.9B Order for 15.3K Railcars
- Wall St ends slightly higher after mixed Fed statements
- Charlie Munger dies at 99
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks rise as dollar falls, gold rallies on Fed commentary
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE: GBX) today announced that it had received orders for 15,300 new railcars with an aggregate value of
"The diverse range of orders across railcar types exceeded Greenbrier's expectations for the quarter. It also indicates Greenbrier's strength in our North American and European markets. Order levels are distinct from the high demand seen during the crude-by-rail era of the 2010s. Today, one or two railcar types are not powering the market. Although railcar loadings are not fully back at pre-pandemic levels, we believe that growth in key commodity markets will keep railcar demand steady and above replacement levels in future periods," said
Greenbrier expects to announce fiscal fourth-quarter and fiscal year 2023 earnings on
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jabil (JBL) Lowers Guidance
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c, Offers Guidance
- Intuit Q1 results top estimates, but earnings guidance falls short
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!