Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) Reports Q1 Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Golden Nugget Online Gaming (NASDAQ: GNOG) reported Q1 revenue for the quarter came in at $26.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $23.03 million.
First Quarter Highlights
- Revenue was $26.7 million, representing an increase of 54.2%, compared to $17.3 million during the first quarter of 2020.
- Net income was $69.6 million after gains on warrant derivatives liabilities of $81.1 million, a gain on the tax receivable agreement liability of $1.3 million and debt extinguishment expenses of $2.2 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $(3.5) million compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $5.9 million for the first quarter of 2020.
- The previous full-year revenue outlook range of $130 million to $145 million is maintained for 2021.
Revenues for the three months ended March 31, 2021, totaled $26.7 million, as compared to $17.3 million for the three months ended March 31, 2020. Net income was $69.6 million, compared to net income of $4.2 million in the prior year comparable period. Adjusted EBITDA, as defined below, for the three months ended March 31, 2021 was $(3.5) million compared to $5.9 million last year. Results for the first quarter of 2021 reflect non-cash gains on warrant derivative liabilities of $81.1 million and a non-cash gain on our tax receivable agreement liability of $1.3 million. All of our 10,541,667 public warrants were exercised or redeemed during the quarter. Additionally, first quarter results also reflect interest expense associated with the term loan credit agreement entered into on April 28, 2020. The Company's results also reflect debt extinguishment costs of $2.2 million including the accelerated amortization of deferred loan costs and debt premium totaling $0.6 million associated with the early repayment of $10.6 million of the term loan during the three months ended March 31, 2021. Stock-based compensation expenses were $2.3 million for the three months ended March 31, 2021, when no such costs were recognized in the prior year.
President, Thomas Winter remarked "We are very pleased to start 2021 with such strong results across both our established and new expansion markets. We believe we are well positioned to capitalize on the significant and fast growing market for iGaming across North America. We expect that 2021 will be a milestone year for the Company as we are on target to be live in 6 states by the end of the year, including all 4 key iGaming states."
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Tilman Fertitta added "The future is very bright for Golden Nugget Online Gaming as we achieved another record quarter in revenue and with our newly announced partnerships in Colorado and Iowa, we now have market access in 12 states, representing approximately 29% of the US population."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- BlueCity Holdings (BLCT) Reports Q1 Revenues Miss
- Rockwell Medical (RMTI) Announces Extension of Multi-Year Distribution Agreement with Nipro Medical Corporation for Dialysis Concentrates
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!