Globus Medical (GMED) Files Suit Against Life Spine for IP Infringement
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Globus Medical, Inc. (NYSE: GMED), a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, today filed a lawsuit against Life Spine, Inc. alleging infringement of seven different patents related to Globus Medical’s expandable interbody spacer technology. This action involves a number of products manufactured by Life Spine, and marketed by them and other companies. The suit was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, seeking injunctive relief and damages for infringement.
“Globus Medical is the leader in expandable interbody technology, creating meaningful advancements in treatment options for surgeons who treat patients affected by degenerative disc disease of the lumbosacral spine,” said Dave Demski, President and CEO of Globus Medical. “We’ve invested tremendous effort and millions of dollars in research and development to create innovative technology to improve the lives of patients, generating over 256 patents related to expandable interbody implants alone. Our intellectual property is a critical component in making such advancements possible, and we are committed to protecting our proprietary technology against companies that benefit from making and distributing infringing devices.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equitable Holdings (EQH) Appoints Joan Lamm-Tennant as Independent Board Chair
- Ichor (ICHR) Prelim. Q3 Results Miss Consensus
- Frontdoor, Inc. (FTDR) Appoints Christopher Clipper to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!