Gladstone Land (LAND) Acquires Blueberry Cooling and Storage Facilities in California
- Global stocks eye new high on growth hopes, oil ebbs on COVID-19 fears
- Oil extends losses on U.S. stock build, pandemic concerns
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q1 Profit Views, Analysts Maintain Bullishness For 2021
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Gladstone Land Corporation (NASDAQ: LAND) ("Gladstone Land" or the "Company") announced that it has acquired approximately 108,000 square feet of various cold storage and supporting facilities in Stockton, California. The facilities are primarily used for the cooling and storage of fresh organic and conventional blueberries. In connection with the acquisition, Gladstone Land entered into a 10-year lease agreement with the seller, who is an existing tenant of the Company.
"These facilities are critical to the tenant's local farming operations," said Joseph Van Wingerden, Director at Gladstone Land. "Blueberries need to be cooled very quickly after being harvested in order to preserve their quality. We are excited to continue our role as capital partners for our growers and expand our portfolio of both farmland and farm-related facilities in the fresh fruit and produce space."
"Gladstone Land has had two consecutive years of very strong growth, and we hope to continue that trend," said David Gladstone, President and CEO of Gladstone Land. "We are also expecting another strong year from an operational standpoint. We have several additional farms that were purchased at the end of 2020 that had little impact on last year's financial results. In addition, we have more farms scheduled to pay participation rents later in 2021. We are hopeful that these additional participation rents, along with the higher margins achieved on our recent acquisitions, will allow us to further grow our adjusted funds from operations."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Hartford (HIG) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.56, Rejects Additional Proposal from Chubb (CB)
- Danaher (DHR) Tops Q1 EPS by 77c, Revenues Beat
- Dow (DOW) Tops Q1 EPS by 22c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!