Ginkgo Bioworks (DNA), Synplogen Announce Plans to Accelerate Global DNA Manufacturing and Gene Therapy Platform Services in Japan
- S&P 500, Dow close slightly up; Nvidia gains after the bell
- Nvidia guidance tops estimates as AI-led chip demand continues; shares jump
- More signs inflation is slowing before pivot to cuts as upside risks emerge: Fed
- Rivian production guidance falls short; shares slump
- Yields rise on Fed fears of cutting rates too soon, stocks mixed
Synplogen Co., a synthetic biology startup spun out of
Ginkgo and Synplogen will explore global business collaboration opportunities for DNA manufacturing. Synplogen's OGAB™ DNA synthesis services have the ability to synthesize DNA of various lengths up to 100 kbp. OGAB is also capable of complex DNA synthesis, with features such as a high/low guanine-cytosine content and repeat sequences.
Furthermore, Ginkgo and Synplogen will work to extend the reach of Ginkgo's gene therapy services in Japan. Synplogen plans to collaborate by offering business development and marketing support to connect Ginkgo's services with Japanese biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Ginkgo is prepared to utilize its end-to-end AAV gene therapy development platform, coupled with unique expertise in high-throughput design and synthesis optimization, to catalyze advancements in the Japanese bioeconomy.
"We are so honored that our DNA synthesis technology has been recognized by Ginkgo Bioworks, which is the global biofoundry leader," said
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cannae Holdings (CNNE) Announces Strategic Partnership With JANA Partners
- Synopsis (SNPS) beats estimates for FQ1 earnings, offers optimistic guidance
- Chord Energy (CHRD), Enerplus (ERF) to merge in $11 billion deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!