Gentherm (THRM) Tops Q2 EPS by 18c, Revenues Beat
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Gentherm (NASDAQ: THRM) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.30), $0.18 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.48). Revenue for the quarter came in at $136.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $118.61 million.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Product revenues of $136.1 million decreased 44.1% from $243.3 million in the 2019 second quarter
- Excluding the impact of foreign currency translation and divested assets, product revenues decreased 42.3% year over year
- GAAP diluted loss per share was $0.32 compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.08 for the prior-year period
- Adjusted loss per share (see table herein) was $0.30. Adjusted earnings per share in the prior-year period was $0.47
- Secured automotive new business awards totaling $300 million
Phil Eyler, Gentherm's President and CEO, said “I am proud of the team for their strong execution in the second quarter despite the unprecedented uncertainties created by the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. While the Company’s revenue performance reflects the challenges in the underlying markets, our ongoing disciplined approach to managing expenses allowed us to reduce operating expense by 30% from a year ago. In Medical, we delivered double-digit revenue growth both year over year and sequentially. Importantly, we generated a 24% increase in cash flow from operations in the first half of 2020 versus the prior-year period.
“While the COVID-19 pandemic will continue to create challenges and uncertainties in the near term, the momentum we are seeing in new awards, winning the coveted General Motors Supplier of the Year award, coupled with aggressive cost management and our strong balance sheet position us well to continue to deliver over the long term,” continued Eyler.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gentherm (THRM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mr. Cooper Group (COOP) Announces Promotion of Chris Marshall to President
- Winnebago Industries (WGO) Tops Q3 EPS by 40c
- Southwest Airlines (LUV) says Gary Kelly will transition to Executive Chairman in 2022, Robert Jordan will become Kelly's successor as CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!