Gentherm (THRM) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, Revenues Miss
- Dow drops 1% after hawkish Bullard remarks
- Fed-fuelled dollar forces rival currencies onto back foot
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Gentherm (NASDAQ: THRM) reported Q1 EPS of $0.51, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.46. Revenue for the quarter came in at $228.61 million versus the consensus estimate of $240.15 million.
First Quarter Highlights
- Product revenues of $228.6 million decreased 11.4% from $257.9 million in the 2019 first quarter.• Excluding the impact of foreign currency translation, product revenues decreased 10.1% year over year; excluding the impact of foreign currency translation and divested assets, product revenues decreased 7.5% year over year
- GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.36 as compared with $0.25 for the prior-year period
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share (see table herein) was $0.51. Adjusted diluted earnings per share in the prior-year period was $0.55
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $29.4 million as compared with $6.9 million in the prior-year period
- Secured automotive new business awards totaling $120 million in the quarter
- Achieved record quarterly revenue of $12.1 million in Gentherm Medical; increased 48.3% year over year
Phil Eyler, the Company's President and CEO, said “Despite the unprecedented challenges in our markets presented by the worldwide pandemic, we delivered solid financial results in the first quarter. We continued to outperform in Automotive versus the key markets we serve and achieved record quarterly revenue in our Medical business. In addition, we generated a significant increase in cash flow versus the prior-year period.
“I am proud that our Blanketrol® solutions are supporting temperature management of COVID-19 patients, improving outcomes. In addition, we are partnering with Ford to design and manufacture components for powered air-purifying respirators (PAPRs) as part of the response to the pandemic.”
He continued, “While the COVID-19 pandemic has created significant challenges and uncertainties in the near term, the actions we have taken since launching our Focused Growth strategy, including our ongoing disciplined approach to managing expenses and the divestiture of non-core assets, has strengthened our balance sheet and positions us well to overcome the current challenges and to deliver over the long term.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Gentherm (THRM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Middlefield Banc Corp. (MBCN) Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
- Dynagas LNG Partners (DLNG) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!