General Motors (GM) Introduces 'Super Cruise' Hands-Free Technology
- Tech mega-caps, chipmakers drag Nasdaq lower at open
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Brent oil nears $80 a barrel on tight supply
- Some Apple (AAPL) and Tesla (TSLA) Suppliers Suspend Production in China For a Few Days
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
General Motors (NYSE: GM) announced today that they will introduce new “Super Cruise” capabilities. New Super Cruise capabilities include hands-free automatic lane change and trailering for trucks and SUVs.
According to the company, Super Cruise is the industry’s first true hands-free driver-assistance technology allowing drivers to travel hands-free on over 200,000 miles of compatible roads across the U.S. and Canada. Compatible roads will be displayed in the in-vehicle navigation systems for vehicles equipped with the embedded Google Maps app and show routes available for hands-free driving, during route selection.
The new features will be available on select model year 2022 Super Cruise enabled vehicles, including Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac CT4, Cadillac CT5, Chevrolet Silverado, GMC HUMMER EV Pickup and the GMC Sierra.
The digital platform also enables GM to provide over-the-air updates to select model year 2021 vehicle owners, allowing them to take full advantage of Super Cruise’s latest enhancements.
"We’re excited to expand Super Cruise to even more new models with additional capabilities to provide our customers with even more opportunities to go hands-free,” said Mario Maiorana, Super Cruise chief engineer. “The additional Super Cruise-enabled vehicles and new features are an important step toward our goal of enabling hands-free driving 95% of the time and getting people more comfortable with letting go of the wheel.”
By Michael Elkins | Michael.Elkins@streetinsider.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MGM Resorts (MGM) Acquires Operations of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas for $1.625B in Cash
- DISH Network (DISH) and IOG Form Strategic Collaboration to Leverage Blockchain Technology in Wireless
- General Motors (GM) PT Lowered to $59 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesMichael Elkins
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!