General Dynamics (GD) Says FAA Awards it Data, Visualization, Analysis and Reporting System Contract
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) announced today it has been awarded a new contract by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to design, implement, install and maintain their Data, Visualization, Analysis and Reporting System (DVARS). The single-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract holds a total estimated value of $99 million. It includes a two-year base period with five one-year options.
"We are excited to continue our strong legacy of support to the FAA as a trusted technology provider," said GDIT Vice President and General Manager John Ludecke, head of GDIT's transportation sector. "Through this contract, GDIT will provide wide-spread analysis capabilities to ensure the National Airspace System infrastructure remains safe and evolves with the best commercial technology advancements."
DVARS will consist of commercial offerings as well as custom software components. This will support the FAA's strategic plan to improve their capabilities, access data and perform analyses on NAS operations. DVARS will also facilitate integrating new types of user technologies into the airspace and evaluate their effectiveness once implemented.
To that end, GDIT will support DVARS by introducing a number of technological enhancements, including the migration to an enterprise architecture. Added benefits include streamlined system updates and expanded online user access. Commercial offerings for functions such as reporting and visualization will further enable the FAA to leverage market best practices and product improvements.
For more information about General Dynamics Information Technology, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), please visit www.gdit.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mr. Cooper Group (COOP) Announces Promotion of Chris Marshall to President
- DHI Group (DHX) Expands Share Buyback by Additional $12M
- North Dallas Bank & Trust Co Tex (NODB) Appoints Glenn Henry to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!