GameStop (GME) forms Strategic Planning and Capital Allocation Committee to identify initiatives that can further accelerate transformation
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME) today announced that its Board of Directors has formed a Strategic Planning and Capital Allocation Committee to identify initiatives that can further accelerate the Company’s transformation. The Committee is comprised of Alan Attal, Ryan Cohen, and Kurt Wolf, with Mr. Cohen serving as Chairperson. Since the Committee’s formation, the Company has taken steps that include:
- Appointing a Chief Technology Officer.
- Hiring two executives to lead the Company’s customer care and e-commerce fulfillment functions, respectively.
- Appointing Mr. Attal as Chair of the Board’s Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and Mr. Wolf as Chair of the Board’s Compensation Committee.
- Announcing a Chief Financial Officer succession plan and commencing a search for a new Chief Financial Officer with relevant technology and/or e-commerce experience.
The Committee will continue to focus on identifying actions that can transform GameStop into a technology business and help create enduring value for stockholders. It is responsible for evaluating areas that include GameStop’s current operational objectives, capital structure and allocation priorities, digital capabilities, organizational footprint, and personnel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GameStop (GME) Announces Voluntary Early Redemption of Senior Notes
- Popular stocks with increasing volume: GME VIAC NUAN DKNG BAC CAN BA CCL
- Performant Financial (PFMT) Re-Awarded CMS RAC Region 1 Contract
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!