GameStop (GME) forms Strategic Planning and Capital Allocation Committee to identify initiatives that can further accelerate transformation
- Wall St. opens lower as Netflix slides, virus cases rise
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence dampens risk appetite
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME) today announced that its Board of Directors has formed a Strategic Planning and Capital Allocation Committee to identify initiatives that can further accelerate the Company’s transformation. The Committee is comprised of Alan Attal, Ryan Cohen, and Kurt Wolf, with Mr. Cohen serving as Chairperson. Since the Committee’s formation, the Company has taken steps that include:
- Appointing a Chief Technology Officer.
- Hiring two executives to lead the Company’s customer care and e-commerce fulfillment functions, respectively.
- Appointing Mr. Attal as Chair of the Board’s Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and Mr. Wolf as Chair of the Board’s Compensation Committee.
- Announcing a Chief Financial Officer succession plan and commencing a search for a new Chief Financial Officer with relevant technology and/or e-commerce experience.
The Committee will continue to focus on identifying actions that can transform GameStop into a technology business and help create enduring value for stockholders. It is responsible for evaluating areas that include GameStop’s current operational objectives, capital structure and allocation priorities, digital capabilities, organizational footprint, and personnel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- 22nd Century Group (XXII) Issues Annual Letter to Shareholders
- Accenture (ACN) Makes Strategic Investment in African Fintech Startup Okra
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!